Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Sunday, May 06, 2012

TOOTH ACHE

Having a toothache can be an experience.  You learn a bit about what a person with migraine headaches goes through if we figure feeling that ache all over one's head.  I realized that last night when I woke (again) with my tooth aching like its root was being drilled into.  That happened a few years ago, and that's why I was looking to find out that it was a sinus infection instead.  It was torture when I had my first and hopefully last root canal.  But this turned out to not be sinuses, and however painful, I've found it can be controlled by Aleve, and when that wears "thin" I can use Tylenol as they can be used in tandem.

My heart goes out to people with migraines.  That ache was unbearable.  It's good to get a perspective on pain, and if I was to get a charity asking for a contribution through the mail, I'd give to it if it was for science to research the end to migraines.  And... While they're at it.  Research better ways of doing a root canal than the torture I went through back in the 90s when I went in to a dentist with a dull ache only to find I had an abscess under my tooth, and had to endure torture that the novocaine could not touch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home