Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

OOps I Left My Wallet...

"Why did they call us so late?" [It was 2 hrs. since I left the VFW.] "I hope someone didn't use MY Visions Visa."
I said, "Most people are honest."
"Honest people are far and few between."
"I think it's the OPPOSITE.  I don't know what world YOU live in, but in MY world, it's the DIShonest that are far and few between!"
"Who called You?"
"The bartender... He sounded just like my brother Tucker."
"What were you doing at the BAR!?"
"That's where you PAY.  I paid with MY wallet, not the food money... I must have dropped it there."
"You paid with YOUR card?"
"Now... money from my wallet."
"How could you have left your wallet if you paid with it... did you leave it on the bar?"

"I DON'T KNOW WHERE I LEFT IT... OR... I WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT IT!!
"I Don't know WHY you're angry with me.  It's not like I LEFT IT ON PURPOSE."

"There's no way we can check on our accounts.  I hope they didn't take advantage."

"WHY... DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE?  I HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO GET TO IT, BUT I CAN CHECK my DISCOVER ...ANYTIME... ANYTIME I WORRY THAT THERE COULD BE SOMEONE USING MY DISCOVER CARD.

"I'm going down to the computer to check now."

[Went to check... no transactions pending since June 26th.  ...went back upstairs]

"No transactions pending on my card!"

Thus we broke the chain of days...perhaps months of feeling good about each other.  He's been very ...shall we say... cosy with me lately.  And then... THIS.  You'd think I'd done it on purpose.  I absolutely HATE it when my husband get angry with me.  It's usually for something that was innocent.  Like spending too much time on the phone talking with my closest girlfriend.  Like when I go shopping at the Town Sq. Mall in Vestal... I usually go to Walmart.... I seem to alway pick the wrong time and then take too much of it.  I should wait until he's asleep and go shopping after 11 p.m.

But... instead of saying "I'm glad they called you and you picked it up okay.  You must have been worried once they told you..."  Instead of being understanding... that I am human and this f-n human is going to make mistakes sometimes... NO he doesn't act understanding at all.  He's been leaving his wallet at home... getting all the way somewhere and finding out... having to cancel orders at check-out and come all the way home for it... it's happened over and over again.

"Next time YOU leave your WALLET... I'm going to get angry with YOU, AND SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT!  Maybe it could be a dangerous thing... to leave your wallet at home... when you need money and don't have it.  That could make me very angry!"

[I've been more than understanding, and leave him Post-It reminders at the door, and verbally if I remember myself.  Putting it in his back pocket aggravates his sciatica, and putting it in the front pocket just doesn't work... so he mostly leaves it on the counter unless he's going shopping or any distance, like down to Tunkhannock to his brother's place.

Nothing makes me angrier than unjust anger towards myself.  NOTHING!  Even if deserved, it just ruins my day.  Like the time I bumped the car in front of me in rush hour traffic... nothing rush about the bumper to bumper 3 mph traffic on route 128 in Burlington, MA.  Anyhow... she was livid!  I ...I simply was shaking.  I never had anyone that mad at me in my life.

Anger begets anger.  I can't say, "No two ways about it..." As it goes both ways.... instantaneously!
So... maybe it's adrenalin or just anger... but it's spoiled my perfectly good day.... AND his too... as he knows I'm pissed.  He even apologized.  But... If someone DID use his VISA, he would get angry at me all over again.

"Here!" says I.  "I'm putting my wallet next to yours on the counter.  I am not taking it with me when I go anywhere. I'll just take out my license and my own money or the change purse [where I put the food money]... I'll only take my card if I'm going to use it.  So THERE!'

[No reaction.  He's sorry, but quiet.  He knows if he brings it up, I'll get angry with him over and over.  I also am not very forgiving.]

We talked a little at dinner.... beans and franks.  Mostly about ketchup and mustard, and the comparison of hotdogs, as these were a new kind... "Not bad"  I said.  "These taste okay."  They were a different kind without preservatives, and quite lean.  I guess I was surprised.  He didn't respond... but he wouldn't have normally.  He's a quiet man.  I'm the chirpy one.

I think I'll take Bear for a sunset walk.  ALONE... that is... just with Bear.  I'll check on the chickens first.  The chickens are another story, and unless you're following me on Facebook, you don't know the story.  It involves a fox.

Sincerely,
Cranberry Jo


1 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Cranberry Jo said…

    God is in Heaven and all's right with my world. We've forgiven and forgotten. All's well that ends well.
    Cranberry Jo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home