Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Peter Cottontail, and Here Comes Santa Claus

I'm trying to sort out my feelings about The Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, and celebrating those holidays as if we were celebrating those two fictional characters, and the big draw is candy!  I'm not religious, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in Who these holidays truly represent.  I've been on church committees, and been in, as well as taught Bible studies. And I believe that he answers prayers as if you were talking to Him while sitting opposite Him on a stump out in the wilderness.  I believe in the Lord... one that was in the Spirit of Jesus of Nazareth, as well as the Lord in David's Psalms of the Old Testament. I also believe he loves everyone and wants you to not only talk to him but listen for His inspiration.
I have now chosen I do my worshipping under the cathedral of the sky, out on my trails in the woods. And they leadeth me to the Still Waters of Cranberry Lake.  I just wonder if, when children know what the fantasy is, if they also feel that even God is a fantasy.  Maybe I just don't like "pomp and circumstance."  I like celebrating life every day, as well as the author of that life, and that available Spiritual connection.  I'm not wanting to be judgmental... just don't want to play into the myths.  I call my church, The Church of the Open Sky.  If you take hikes, you are a member; if you enjoy life and fresh air, you are a member.  And if you see the Maker in all the small miracles ...of a feather and a blossom, then you are a believer. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home