Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Why I am like My Dogs

I used to think "Why can't I be like the dogs when thinking about age, as they don't know they are getting old. They just enjoy the now." But I realized that IS my problem. I don't ever think of myself as my age... ONLY when I look in the mirror, catch my reflection or see a picture taken of me. And that's wonderful, isn't it? It means I don't have that many reminders when it comes to stiffness and limitations of age. So, I guess to get used to my aged looks (NOT my age, as I'm not going to slow down) I even posted it on the side of my main page of my blog and updated my profile. Hopefully even if I turn into a "prune," I will still, at the age of 90, be able to cross country ski. ...That is, when the elements permit. It's still a glare of ice hidden under a "confectioner's sugar frosting"..., so here's trekking it with my ice walkers strapped to my boots. It's a good life!! ...As long as you know that looks aren't everything! [Sorry I've been so shallow when it comes to my vanity.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home