Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Monday, April 05, 2010

A SPRINGTIME POEM ENTERED FOR THOSE WHO APPRECIATE MY POETRY.... [and thank you for that.]

(Written in Spring, 1995)

The days are growing longer;
The fields are turning green;
The birds came North
to build their nests,
They sit around and preen.

I love the springtime weather-
The air is brisk and cool.
I also love the Winter-
I am a skiing fool.

But when it comes to Summer,
It simply gets too hot!
I must sit back and take it-
a war that can't be fought.

Soon flowers will be sprouting,
their blooms will scent the air;
Mosquitoes, gnats and horseflies
will buzz around my hair...

The air will get real muggy,
and sweat will wet my brow-
I guess I'll live through summer
But sometimes I don't know how!

[...and predictions tell us we'll sample some summer heat before this week is over... hmm, fun!] (?)

Love you,
"Cranberry Jo"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home