Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Friday, January 28, 2011

An Old Inspirtion:

[I wrote this back in 1976, and happened across it today. I thought I'd share it with my few readers]

The more I think about it, the more I feel that all living things have a common bond. To never see the living plant or tree, to never pat a small furry animal, to never see a butterfly--to never witness this frustrates the soul of a person.

The crowded Asian countries strive for an inner peace with the aid of a small garden with a pond, and a fish, and a beautiful plant. The completed bond--creature, plant, and person. An atonement (at-one-ment) with the world... a soul appeasing unit.

The small child breathes life into his furry stuffed animals or dolls as he or she halls them under the covers in a soul-satisfying security. The religious leader walks to the top of a green hill, or deep into the forest, feeling the inspiration of God. The boy and his dog stretch out and run, attuned with nature--seemingly of one soul and in complete empathy with each other.

So, the common bond is perhaps in the living protoplasm, but, yet, in More--in the Creator--our Common Denominator. He created All Nature, not just reasoning beings--people. It isn't wrong to feel akin to the tree or the deer that grazes on the fields below. For the Father set the sap flowing in the tree, and breathed life into the animal. And he installed a spirit in the human that first of all recognizes its kinship with nature. I think it's impossible to truly believe and not realize that a spirit flows through all living things.

Often escaping from a life overflowing with pressures and anxieties, I have walked quietly in the forest awaiting God's inspiration. And in stooping to pick up a small newt, or in watching a butterfly sipping nectar, I have somehow come more closer to God than in an ornate cathedral. Looking up at the stars fills me with awe. Hearing the breeze as it sings through the pines fills me with Peace. And touching one of God's living creatures fills me with a complete understanding of the miracle of his perfection. And awaiting in quiet anticipation fills me with His inspiration.

The Native American, who feels that everything living has a spirit, isn't far from the Christian who feels that there is some of God in every living thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home