Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

MOTHER NATURE'S ICE SHOW

When the dogs and I took a different route--this time along the brook--I wondered that Mother Nature wasn't asked to contribute to those ice carving festivals of where we often see photos being emailed about. I thought these good examples, just taken from Cranberry Run... a small obscure creek. I'm sure this is just a fraction of the marvelous works she may produce each year with her freezing and the melting technique she'd rather use than a chisel. If you know who's in charge, please ask them to have Her contribute next year.


Hippo Melting into His Water World


Nature's Crystal Flutes


Dolphins' Struggle

2 Comments:

  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jim J. said…

    Great photos!!! Thanks for taking the time to post them, I really enjoyed them. XO

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Cranberry Jo said…

    Thanks! I love it when someone makes a comment... especially someone I know with whose opinion I respect. M-Jo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home