Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Developments

Our green pole beans are developing so fast, we could probably pick one mature one daily and cook it up and divide it between us for the rest of the summer.

Something evil has eaten the first layer of the area above the root of one of the two tomato plants in my backyard garden. The half grown tomatoes don't know the difference yet as the leaves turn limp and yellow.

I transplanted the chives which had gone absolutely bonkers. The little seedlings so frail and hairlike that I'd put in to hopefully survive took hold like gangbusters and their roots were massive. I had to dig a hole big enough to contain them in Tom's garden below. It's at the edge, and whether they survive or not is up to the god of the onions. As long as I have a little tubular leaf of chive to chop up on to the sour cream on my baked potato, I'll be happy.

The beets are doing fine, and we are going to have some more greens some evening with our entree'.

Thus garden life goes on. And mine drones on as well. Gotta go and collect the Japanese beetles to feed the fish in our little muddy pond.

Write later.

Cranberry Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home