Life and Times at Cranberry Lake

This blog is about the life, wild and otherwise, in this immediate area of Northeast Pennsylvania. I hope you can join me and hopefully realize and value that common bond we share with all living things... from the insect, spider, to the birds and the bears... as well as that part of our spirit that wishes to be wild and free.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

THE BI-ANNUAL TRIM


Shaggy Bear

The day before Bear was to have his spring shampoo and trim he got into something that smelled like a cow barn, therefore I didn't bother to wrestle to clean him. He isn't allowed on the bed, and the furniture is covered. So, I put up with the sweet rural smell, and the yesterday Tom took him to Rub-a-Dub-Dub where Beth, as scheduled, gave him the works.

Problem when he comes back is not the shampoo she uses on Bear, but his sense of well being as well as the itch of the close shorn hair. He seems more vulnerable and acts as different as he looks. He also itches, therefore scratches until neither he nor I can stand it, and for both of us, he gets a Benadryl capsule disguised in a piece of hot dog. By then it's bedtime anyway. Today, the day after, he is more comfortable in his own shorn skin, but still somewhat itchy. I took him up to the lake, and a swim helped, though he'll still get another anti-itch pill at bedtime. Then he'll be fine. He just turned 6 years old, so this is the way it always goes.

This time I just had to take a before and after picture.

Beth shears him like he's going to be shown at a dog show. He's handsome, and I took pictures yesterday as well as today, and bookended this blog. He was getting pretty shaggy this time. Yesterday's "after" pictures gave the impression of his still feeling vulnerable and uncomfortable. So I entered the picture I took after bringing him up to the lake for his swim. Now, once he does something funny, my handsome pup is ready for some more videos.



Svelte Pelt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home